Matt Laur

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>wow, some great photos everyone! what a talented crew we are!<br>

my favorites:</p>

<ul>

<li>Benjamin Schaefer -- outstanding light, really captured the expression, I aspire to make photos like yours.</li>

<li>Sanford Gerald -- beautiful -- a great wedding photographer is worth every penny you spend</li>

<li>Jana Hughes -- very nice, makes me giggle</li>

<li>Dieter Schaefer -- excellent</li>

<li>Eric Arnold -- makes me feel like I am there</li>

<li>Anish Mankuthel -- very nice, excellent light</li>

<li>Mikhail Tsypkin -- wow, some pop! Looks like a Life magazine shot</li>

<li>Robert Wayt -- outstanding environmental action portraiture</li>

<li>Jennifer Meighan -- very nice, she is sharp, pops from the background, and her expression is engaging</li>

<li>Kris Heylen -- very nice... I plan to ask for tips on dog photography soon... I'll be asking you for sure!</li>

<li>William Pahnelas -- where is her helmet ???!!! great photo though! :-)</li>

<li>Erik Christensen -- gorgeous shot, really makes her come alive</li>

<li>Monika Epsefass -- they say the camera captures your soul ... I would really like to meet this guy, great portrait</li>

</ul>

<p>For me Benjamin Schaefer's b/w portrait is the best this week and the best for many weeks. Inspiring!</p>

<p>I usually do not get a good chance to comment but today I can and I love it. As always every photo was good but like all things some just stood out to me. This Wednesday Photo Shoot is so good as a learning experience for me. So I say "Thank You" to all of the Photographers.<br>

These are the ones:</p>

<p >@<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=470295"><strong>Don Harper</strong></a><strong> - Love the shadows on the musician</strong></p>

<p ><strong>@Tiffiny Brook - Absolutely Beautiful, something for photographers to strive for</strong></p>

<p ><strong>@</strong><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=3676315"><strong>Robert Wayt</strong></a><strong> - You caught the swinging girl perfectly</strong></p>

<p ><strong>@</strong><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5369057"><strong>Roberta Davidson</strong></a><strong> - Always love whatever it is you have</strong></p>

<p ><strong>@</strong><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5203249"><strong>Jennifer Meighan</strong></a><strong> - I love the photo of your Daughter</strong></p>

<p ><strong>@</strong><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=968830"><strong>Jon Eckman</strong></a><strong> - Beautiful Sunset</strong></p>

<p ><strong>@</strong><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4151244"><strong>Doug Santo</strong></a><strong> - This is absolutely gorgeous, you have captured a wonderful feeling</strong></p>

<p ><strong>@</strong><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5159294"><strong>Doug Rice</strong></a><strong> - Great deer shot, nice new lens .... Thank you for you making mine one of your Favorites this week</strong></p>

<p ><strong>@</strong><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=2390878"><strong>Benjamin Schaefer</strong></a><strong> - Beautiful Baby photo</strong></p>

<p >If I do get a chance to come back a little later I just might have to add to this list.</p>

<p >phil b</p>

<p >benton, ky</p>

<p ><strong><br /></strong></p>

<p> </p>

<p>Actually a current` week photo, from a one-lens-only day trip (D700 + 14-24) in order to make things difficult (to my dried brain, I mean). Some conclusions I took using this lens;</p>

<ol>

<li>Capa was right; looks like nothing is too close using this lens. My pics are ugly.</li>

<li>The sun must be always behind the back, or wherever if you`re Capa.</li>

<li>Beware of children, and table edges; the bulbous front element is like a magnet for them.</li>

</ol>

<p>I have the feeling this lens has a mild polarizer inside. I still haven`t feel the need of using a contrast or saturation enhancer on it.<br /> D700 @ 200ISO, 14-24AFS (14mm), f8 - 1/1000sec.</p><div>00Xerv-300625584.jpg.5e3c7a6eec92bb291b04c323c8ccad93.jpg</div>

<p>Doug Rice: I promise -- no cloning! I don't even know how! I've been watching these lionesses over the last several weeks and find it fascinating how often they mirror each other. Last week, I was in the right place to photograph it. Thanks for commenting. :)</p>