Kids are interested in film photography

<p>I recntly purchased a Nikon FM#. The kids were all over thold camera. Asking questions about rolls, focus. They want to use them an d they wan to know how to shoot.<br /><br />The message is : Energize this curiosity and questions into a pasion. Let them use them. Let them ask.<br /><br />Film is a laive and there is a lot of interest</p>

<p>Yes, many kids are interested in film. The photography club I sponsor at my school has about 30 members (our total enrollment is less than 500). Quite a few of them want to learn how to develop film so I will work with them on that. I gave one of the kids (they are all teens) a Plus-X reload so he can shoot it in one of his dad's film cameras. I also let a group of them pass around a Konica C35V (again with Plus-X) so they could take a few photos.</p>

<p>my old high school just closed its wet room last year in favor of the environmentally friendly (sic) alternative of digital cameras. Thankfully my college has a decent darkroom setup, and a nikon5000 scanner as well. with slide processing approaching 20$ for shipping on the film, the film itself, and processing, its becoming harder and harder to justify, though.</p>