Two Minor Problems With CS4

<p>I've had two problems with CS4 (Dell Vista 64 bit) ever since I bought it that aren't a big deal, just aggravating. After putting up with them for years, I decided to ask for help here to see if anyone has any ideas.<br>

First, when I open an image with Bridge on in the background none of the brush-based tools (i.e. clone, brush, etc.) work correctly - I can apply them to the image but nothing happens, they don't have the desired effect. To get them to work correctly I have to first minimize the image, then either close or minimize Bridge, then bring the image back up. At that point the clone and brushes work as usual. Is this normal and if not, any idea how to fix it?<br>

Second, a lot of times when I use the clone or brush tools a straight line about the width of a pencil and maybe four or five inches long shoots at an angle across the screen. I have to go to edit /undo to get rid of it, then use the tool a second time, at which point it works as normal. Anyone know what this is about?<br>

Thanks in advance, neither of these is a big deal, just irritating, and if there's an easy fix I'd like to know about it.</p>

<p>both are not normal of course.</p>

<p>maybe try to trash and repair the photoshop preference file? check the memory allocated to your software? make sure that you have at least 4-8 gig of ram in your computer (not enough memory can make photoshop work strangely), check to see if you ahve the latest software update... and lastly contact adobe or use google to see if other user had the same problem...</p>