Canon FD Photo(s) of the Month-November

Lou_Meluso

<p>My ancient eyes are not the sharpest, but most of these pics look so much better than digital. I hope I am not in delusion.</p>

<p>We seem to have quite a few Brits on this thread, and I hope my following question is somewhat related to FD photography.</p>

<p>I have been to the UK only once, in 1985, and I loved it. My daughter and her husband were in the US Air Force and stationed in Suffolk. We did borrow their auto and drove up to York, Edinburgh, back down through Haworth to pay homage to the Brontes and back to Mildenhall. The time of year was early April and the weather was much as it would have been here is Seattle, some sun breaks, lots of clouds, occasional rain.</p>

<p>My wife and I have become huge fans of the Doc Martin series, as has every Yank I know. It supposedly takes place in a fishing village in Cornwall, and the scenary is gorgeous, skies blue, and looks fantastic. If I ever do make it back to the UK, I would definitely put this location on the itinerary, and bring a T90 and my F-1New. But what gives? Is the weather always this great in Cornwall? If not, what would be the best time of year to visit? As a former meteorologist, I could probably look this up, but why not go directly to the experts.</p>

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<blockquote>

<p>Is the weather always this great in Cornwall?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>No! It rains a lot, being bounded by the sea on 3 sides, even at the best times of year. </p>

<blockquote>

<p>If not, what would be the best time of year to visit?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I am really not sure. In recent years I have been in August a couple of times, and it has been OK, but can still turn wet. But August is not a brilliant time for the light, unless you are prepared to get up really early ...<br>

The other thing to bear in mind is that Cornwall is (in England terms) a long way from almost everywhere, so when planning your trip allow a day to get there and another to return from whereever you happen to start.</p>