D7000

dennis_brabender

<p>When the D300 was released after Thanksgiving in 2007 (late November), I did not even bother to pre-order. We have a large camera store locally. The first batch of D300 they received fulfilled their pre-orders. A week later, they received their 2nd shipment from Nikon. I called them up and when they confirmed that they had it in stock, I walked in and bought one.</p>

<p>I suspect that some people pre-order from multiple stores and actually get it from whomever has it first. Of course it is hard to do that with B&H since they charge you immediately as soon as you place your pre-order.</p>

<p>I ordered my D300 the day they became available at B&H, which was the day after Thanksgiving in 2007. Got it on the 27th and began a love affair that continues to this day. After 6381 exposures using my D80 for 54 weeks, I was done and ready to go D300 all the way baby!!! Since then I've enjoyed 16,437 exposures with my D300 (with 2332 exposures taken with a D700, and 2166 exposures taken with a D200 before I went back to the D300 again). No plans to sell the D300 soon as I know I'd regret it. Have to admit though that the D7000 does look like a nice camera, perhaps it would serve well as a second body to the D300...hmmm...</p>