Image quality

teri_truett

<p>Thank you so much Jon & Lex! You were both extremely nice in answering my questions. Unlike the Tim guy who is extremely RUDE! This is the BEGINNER section of the forum. If you get aggravated with BEGINNER questions & BEGINNER images then stay off the BEGINNER part of the forum. Thanks!</p>

<p>teri, sorry for coming off rude. That wasn't my intention. </p>

<p>I just stated what I saw.</p>

<p>I'm not known here in my six years as member as someone with that kind of reputation. I've helped a lot of folks here and elsewhere online with digital imaging and photo editing tips. I've gotten several emails from folks thanking me for services I provide for free. It's a hobby I developed a passion for. Maybe it was my passion for wanting to help you that got in the way as coming off rude.</p>

<p>Sorry for the misunderstanding. Glad you got your problem solved.</p>

<p>There is one more thing with regard to focus - Check whether the default focussing method is auto-focus point or center focus or focus select. In the auto focus method, the camera chooses the focus point if you point the camera in the general direction of your subject. If you want to be precise, then select center point or focus select mode. In the center point, make sure the subject you want to focus is always in teh center of the frame. In the focus select, you can adjust the focus point. In the automatic focus mode, pay attention to the focus point in the view finder, most of the time this shd be okay but for 100% accuracy you can choose focus point select or center focus</p>

<p>Tim’s comments were not rude. They were accurate.</p>

<p>They are written in an <strong>analytical style</strong>: The analytical style is a type of writing with which you might not be familiar. If you want to glean valuable information in these forums, you should learn the how to read that style of writing, as doing so will benefit you.</p>

<p>There are many very experienced photographers here and they give their time voluntarily, as Tim did, to asset those beginning on the journey of Photography.</p>

<p>If one reads Tim’s contribution <strong>literally,</strong> one will discover the good advice and note the logical questions he asks. (Note also the points he makes were neither asked nor provided by the other respondents),</p>

<p>Listed here, for your recap are the points Tim brought:</p>

<ul>

<li>Link to a sample of what you want in your final product - that would make it easier for us to understand what you seek.</li>

<li>There is oversaturation in the Pumpkins and Blanket – it that something you want,,, or not?</li>

<li>Do you have a calibrated monitor (and viewing environment)? (you might be seeing things differently to us)</li>

<li>There have been many different interpretations your question by the respondents – this shows a vast range of options but I don’t know which ones you like or not</li>

<li>I don’t like the oversaturated look and I don't think that is the path you should follow (in post production) </li>

</ul>

<p>If one wishes to get emotive about postings: it is you who owes the apology.</p>

<p>WW</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Checked out your Photo.net bio, William. I'm honored by your comments coming from someone with your work experience especially in the field of cinematography, my favorite kind of photography.</p>

<p>Thanks for backing me up. You made my day and then some. Felt like doo-doo for bumming out a newbie. A first for me.</p>

<p>Relieved to know my style of writing is considered analytical. I was leaning toward a bit terse with a dash of OCD plugged in for AC/DC.</p>

<p>Have a great weekend, William.</p>

<p>There is one particular problem with written forums and that is the written word lacks tone, timbre and nuance.</p>

<p>Add to that fact, the fact that many people these days use email or text to communicate with their friends and acquaintances <em>and that group of people usually use a writing style to which they are all accustomed</em> – it is no wonder that when one is exposed to other various styles: nuances, meanings or intent, can be easily mistaken.</p>

<p>It seems to me, that if one <em>suspected</em> that there was an irritating comment from user “Tim Lookingbill” one would take 30 seconds to have a look at a few of the past posts of that user <em>before making accusations and admonishment</em> – <strong><em>especially if one were a very new member to the group.</em></strong></p>

<p>For example, this recent thread shows extreme dedication to helping someone out: <a href="../beginner-photography-questions-forum/00XZJZ">http://www.photo.net/beginner-photography-questions-forum/00XZJZ</a><br>

And . . . that was a “BEGINNER” also.</p>

<p>So I think it is easy to get all bumped up and grumpy by mistake –</p>

<p>I mean I could get bumped up and grumpy because <em>I have not yet received an answer to my question I asked the OP</em> . . .</p>

<p>. . . but if I did get upset and make a spray on this thread “about rude newbies” (for example), that might be my mistake, because maybe the OP just failed to realize I asked a question at all and perhaps glossed over it in the excitement of reading all the other helpful posts and in the heat of getting <strong><em>mistakenly upset</em></strong> with Tim Lookingbill’s post . . .</p>

<p>I don’t think I “backed up” Tom Lockingbill in any manner. I just used a modicum of investigative technique and read what Tim Lockingbill was about and made an assessment based on his performance.</p>

<p> . . . of course what forums are great for is the history of the posts . . . and always one has the opportunity to come back and revisit one’s previous thoughts and address any errors in them (for example if one flew off the handle and made wild accusations about rudeness, in the heat of the moment) . . . if one so desires . . . and thus one’s <strong>performance</strong> grows and upon all these performances . . . other members make their judgements of one.</p>

<p>WW <br>

</p>

<p>Its so good to see new photographer's here! Please get a tripod, and try f/stop of around f/16. Also, as mentioned, be very careful when focusing! Keep making photographs! Keep up the great work.<br>

Remember, the important thing is to keep making images!<br>

Wishing You Great Light!<br>

Paul<p>

<b>Signature URL removed. Please read photo.net's Terms of Use and Community Guidelines</b>