Light weight case for Korona field camera

ray_pringle

<p>Hey all I'm looking for a light weight protective case for my Korona field camera. I can't really find anything over than the monorail cases which are kind of big for the equipment i have. I had an old suit case but it's musty and falling apart. I considered making a wooden case but that would be kind of heavy and bulky. Would a softcase be a bit more suitable if so are there any recommendation? I need it to also hold 2 lenses, light meter, at least 5 4x5 film holders, and maybe my polaroid back. Camera picture is below it measures 11Hx6Dx8W inches folded up.</p>

<p> </p><div>00XYGZ-294123584.jpg.040eab8cc6e696647ab02ed7f15be08a.jpg</div>

<p>Somewhat off-season for it, but a visit to a big-box store, e.g., Walmart, will probably turn up a selection of small picnic coolers that the camera and equipment will fit into. An insulated one makes a good protective carrier.</p>

<p>Charley</p>

<p>A plastic tool box could work. I'd also suggest arranging the folded camera, lenses etc. in your preferred configuration(s) and measuring that, then see if any toolboxes fit. You'll want to allow some room for padding which you should be able to get from an upholsterer. I've just acquired a Linhof Kardan Color 45s, which breaks down a bit smaller than your Korona, so I'm thinking I'll be able to get it into a mid size photo backpack. </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Just an update to my previous post. I ended up getting a Tenba Shootout Medium backpack, into which I can put:<br>

the front (with 150mm lens mounted) and rear standards with the bellows in between them, 2 Grafmatics, roll film back, dark cloth, cable release etc, with room for a couple smallish lenses left over. The rail is stored in the outside back pocket. The whole kit weighs about 16lbs, but is quite comfortable to carry. If you don't mind a backpack Ray, you might want to consider something like that.</p>