ROBERT WHITE, UK

Can anyone supply the address of Robert White in the UK?Is he in London? I have a friend who is also a fellow Leica shooter who will be stopping in London on his way to South Africa and had never heard of him till I mentioned the name. If Robert White has a retail store, my friend would have time to see it. There's been quite a lot of good things said of Robert White. Thanks in advance!

Being from the USA you have understandably fallen into the trap of assuming that such a retailer must be in London.

In fact its about 109 miles away (by car) so its not far but your friend will need a route.

Go to this website...

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp

Type London in 'From' box.

Type BH12 4AR in the 'To' box.

Click on 'Next' and this will calculate the best route for your friend. (Assuming he will hire car for his trip.)

I visited Robert White to purchase My M6ttl, 35 and 90mm lenses. Unfortunately, they wouldn't allow me to look at a camera or lenses and only had a sectioned camera available to show prospective buyer's. When questioned about this their response was they were really only interested in mail order and people that knew what they required. I have also found them to be totally uninterested in part exchange, due to their lack of passing trade. I purchase all of my kit now from The Classic Camera in London.