EOS cameras) lenses are completely incompatible. EF lenses are bayonet

mount with a much larger diameter than the breech-mount FD lenses

FD lenses can be made to fit EOS cameras but with significant drawbacks. I've

never heard of anyone successfully attaching an EF lens to an FD mount

camera.

If you are still wantng to use your canon, try an older nikon body, say a FM2,

an F3, or FE2, and get the nikon-to eos adpater. You won't be able to use your

EOS lenses on teh nikon, but you will be able to use yor nikon glass on the

650. If you do this, I'd also suggest getting the microprism screen for teh 650,

so you can more effectively focus manually.

Although you would have to invest in a few FD lenses in order to use it, I would suggest the Canon FTb or FTb-n. These are all mechanical cameras, with a self timer, mirror lock-up and DOF preview functions. A battery is only necessary to operate the in-camera partial spot meter.

Used FD lenses are widely available and many of the basic primes & zooms can be found relatively cheaply. I keep an FTb-n and a couple of primes and zooms as a back-up to my EOS gear.

Just my two cents......

Best regards -

i shoot with a leica R6.2. it is small, light all metal with batteries only powering the meter. they can be expensive new, but a good value if you purchase carefully used. the leica M3 will be 50 years old in 2004, and it is still going strong with factory service support. i figure my R6.2 will out live me.

Rene -

I never shot or actually handled the Canon FT, so I can't comment on that particular body.

The FTb and FTb-n have some very slight differences. Both bodies are metal. The winding knob and some other parts on the FTb are metal, whereas they're plastic on the FTb-n. The FTb-n also displays the shutter speed in the viewfinder (its a little plastic tab with "60", "125" and so on....). Both are "QL" which is the "quick-load" feature, a metal tab that presses the film leader flat so the film sprocket holes and the winding sprocket engage quickly.

As I said, I keep one of these and some basic FD lenses to back-up my EOS gear. It's an excellent cold weather body. You may want to have a pro repair shop adjust the camera voltage from the original 1.35volt to the modern 1.5volt in the event you do decide to power the meter.

There are batteries available today that are designed to replace the original 1.35volt mercury batteries, (they're "zinc-air" batteries) but I've found them to vary widely in power output and longevity. A modern 1.5v alkaline seems to work quite nicely.

There always seem to be one or two of these bodies in the local pro-shop consignment cases. You can also find them on eBay, at keh.com, and other used equipment dealers.

Best regards -