Konica T3 @ the Applefest

capitalq

<p>Capital Q- most correct (at least IMHO) about the T4 and TC being too plasticy. We sold those as well. The T4 tended to develop metering problems (having to do with Konica's "trap needle" exposure system). Curiously, the cheaper TC fared better. Of the T3, the T3N was the best of the lot. We had a black one in stock with the 57mm f1.2 Hexanon. I wanted it so badly, but we sold it before I could save up the money. Even though I would have only paid dealer net, it was still expensive. We sold another 57mm f1.2 Hexanon with the regular T3 to someone who still lives in my town. I'm trying talk him into parting with it. The meter's dead, but I mainly want the lens.</p>

<p>Mike - The fastest glass I have is the standard 52mm f1.8 -- I didn't know there was a f1.2. Good luck scoring that! Interestingly, the Hexanon 28mm is fairly slow at f3.5. I have a Vivitar 28mm in the AR-mount which is f.2.5. Are there faster wideangle lenses or is there a 50mm macro made by Hexanon?</p>

<p>Yes, there is a 50mm macro Hexanon. It is an f3.5. Turns out there were quite a few Konica normals. When my family opened shop we carried the Hexanon 50mm f1.7, 50mm f1.4, and on occasion, the 57mm f1.2. Konica made an f2.8 28mm Hexanon as well as a 24mm f2.8 Hexanon. The 35-70 f4 Hexanon zoom is expecially nice as is the 135mm f3.5 Hexanon. Currently I have a TC-X (made by Cosina for Konica) with the 50mm f1.4, Hexanon 28mm f3.5, Hexanon 40mm f1.8, and a Soligor 135mm f2.8. The f1.4 looks a little out of place on the TC-X, but the 40mm makes a nice compact package. I'm holding out for a T3N with working meter.</p>

<p>Les - Thanks for the kudos. By all means you should acquire a T-body: I like the Auto-Reflex so much I'm hunting for a third. And by all means you should break out the tanks and chemicals. There is no better way to put these precise tools through their paces and spot the differences. Transports you to a different time when these small differences spawned great rivalries. Cheers. </p>

<p>Some posters have indicated that they have a problem with pre-mature firing with the T-3. This was caused by a weak spring in the battery on/off switch and shutter release assembly and can be easily fixed by Greg Weber at webercamera.com. If your camera is otherwise in good shape the repair will probably not run more than $50.00. Otherwise, this could be the time for a good CLA and battery conversion to the current battery voltage vs. the old mercury cells. I have found that a good complete conversion and CLA runs around $150.00. I may list some of my Konicas soon but hesitate due to low prices. All of my Konicas have been serviced by Greg (including rangefinders and Koni Omega medium format) and just can't see selling them for peanuts. After service they are just too good to part with.</p>