SpectraView II Gamma Loader

<p >After weeks of research and hesitation, I finally made the plunge and splurged on a new powerful notebook (PC - Windows 7) AND a NEC 2490Wuxi2 monitor. I also ordered the Spectra View II calibration system. I successfully managed to get everything hooked up and working.</p>

<p >When not doing photo editing work, I turn the NEC off and unplug it from the notebook.</p>

<p >Since installing the SpectraView software, the SpectraView II Gamma Loader kicks in at every system startup, which I find rather annoying. A big logo shows up on the screen for about 30 seconds (see capture_1) followed by a message stating that "no supported display NEC monitors were detected". This second message (see capture_2) disapears after about a minute.</p>

<p >The SpectraView II Gamma Loader shows up in my Startup menu.</p>

<p >My question: can I delete the SpectraView II Gamma Loader from the Startup menu? If I do, will my NEC monitor still be properly calibrated when I chose to hook it back up and turn it on?</p>

<p >Thanks in advance for your wisdom...</p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p><div>00XUQh-290755584.JPG.8136b9cd91215ea2357b68480d95faba.JPG</div>

<p>If it works like other similar software there is an easy fix:<br>

The entry in your Startup menu is most likely a shortcut to the actual program. Move this shortcut to your desktop (and be sure it is removed/deleted from the Startup folder). Now, after attaching your NEC monitor, click on this shortcut to execute the gamma loader software.</p>

<p>Catherine, you should not remove gamma loader at startup. Because It does a monitor settings check.<br>

But you can disable delay loading of Gamma loader in Edit - Preferences - Interface. Disable last option in Interface windows. So Gamma loader runs at startup more quickly without delay</p>

<p>Gianluca,<br>

I see the check-box allowing me to delay the loading. Excellent!<br>

Could I also safely un-check the previous option that says: "Confirm display calibration status each time the application is launched"?</p>

<div>00XUb9-290905584.thumb.jpg.fb2b51370b3dbe29819625b68daedbbb.jpg</div>