You push the button, we do the rest

<p>Nice shot Matthew. Those cameras are fun to use. I am curious, do you have information that could help sort the dates / features of these cameras? I have a few of this model, some with a plastic knob, some with a metal knob, and I have no idea on the dates beyond what a few sites give as generic manufacturing dates. Also of interest to me is that of the glass lens dates? Anyway, here's a <a href="../photo/11251173">link</a> to my "smoothest" looking BHF, perhaps you could have a look and tell me a ballpark idea of the dates for it. Thanks!</p>

<p>Travis-Wow. That's a nice looking camera. Most Hawkeye Flashes have a 4 letter "Camerosity" code stamped inside on the film transport. C=1,A=2, etc. It translates into MM/YY. I've also heard that Kodak worked on 4 week per month, 13 month schedule, so you could end up with date 13/XX. Cameras without the 4 letter code were made before 1950. I'm pretty sure none of those had the flash sync. Also, the Hawkeye Flash was made in a few different locations and a few different countries so the variants seem to overlap a year or two.<br>

Edit-Just found this thread on Flickr linking spreadsheets with variant/date info.<br>

http://www.flickr.com/groups/browniehawkeyeflash/discuss/72157594523835304/</p>