Nikon 70-200 VR1

southjerseyphotos

<p>I had my 70-200 lens twice in Nikon El Segundo service center. On both occasions the internal CPU failed.<br>

I suppose the lens has 5 years warranty, so it did not cost at all. In both cases I delivered and picked up the lens. The first repair took 2 days, and the second 4 days. Nikon called me when the lens was ready. Happy with the repair, not necessarily with the lens CPU reliability.</p>

<p>I sent mine in for what turned out to be a major repair - something about replacing a cam, etc. It cost nothing but UPS to get it to Melville. <br>

The lens was perfect after it was returned. It was returned quicker than I expected. <br>

I eventually sold the lens for $50 less than I paid (although I bought it before the price went up. <br>

My VRII arrived today. Happy day.</p>

<p>This is what I got so far<br>

Hi Tom, <br /><br />Thank you for contacting Nikon Technical Support. <br /><br />Send the lens in. Once you fill it out, you'll click on Print & Submit and it will print out three pages: 1) the service form your ship to us with the copy of your receipt and your equipment, 2) a copy of the service form for you to keep for yourself, and 3) is going to provide you with the address of the service center nearest to you so you can ship it to us. <br /><br />The service/repair process works in the following matter: once we receive the product, we'll contact you 2-3 business days later for information on the evaluation/cost. Once you receive the invoice with the bill, you'll have the option to approve or refuse. If you approve the estimate, the camera will go to the shop for 6-7 business days. If you decide to refuse the estimate, the camera will be shipped back free of cost since no service was provided. In the case of an approved repair, after getting repaired, it will go to the quality department for 2 business days. The quality department is in charge of checking the repair meets manufacture standards and does the paperwork for shipment. The only way the stipulated turnaround time may vary is if a part isn't available in stock. <br /><br />And just so we are clear, according to company warranty policy you will only have to pay the shipment to us since the warranty covers the repair and the shipment back. Warranty coverage is presented on service/repair within the first year of the equipment being purchase, just as long as no damage has been inflicted to the product. The only way that we can guarantee 100% warranty coverage is once our technicians have evaluated the product. <br /><br />Sorry for any inconveniences, thank you for choosing Nikon and have a good day <br /><br /><br /></p>