Pentax in Hong Kong/ShenZhen?

mggm59

<p>After a bad streak with K10/K20 (bad focus, as described some time ago), and after selling the K10 last week for one third of what I paid, I am wondering whether to take the plunge on the K5 or a discounted K7 to couple to the K20 as second body.<br>

Being in HK in a couple of weeks, it would help if there were good prices, and availability, for the k5 there, and maybe the 18-135WR.<br>

Does anybody have ideas/advice on the two isses, i.e. K5 at top price in HK if available vs K7, and prices/good shops there?<br>

Thanks in advance<br>

Maurizio</p>

<p>If the K5 is out, I would presume it would be available in Fortress, Citicall and Broadway. They are electronic chains...they are all over in HK. And if it is recent, there's probably won't be any discount and their prices will be very similar. Avoid ripoffs on Nathan Road in TST...</p>

<p>Leslie is right: if it's a new body, there is unlikely to be much, if any discount. That said, Hong Kong does not have any government sales tax, so compared to the UK or USA, prices should be roughly 10-17% lower automatically.</p>

<p>Another option apart from Broadway / Fortress, etc, is to go to Wanchai Computer Centre. I buy most, if not all, my photographic equipment from a store called A-One Camera. It is on the 1st floor and located in the first alleyway/corridor when you turn either left or right from the escalator. Ask for a guy called Man: he is one of the few people who don't try and rip you off into buying something you don't actually need.<br>

<br /> His store sells both official HK / international warranty stuff, as well as grey-market imports with a store-only warranty (but also about 10-20% cheaper than Broadway prices). In over six years, I've never had an issue with them. Whenever a friend is looking for a camera or lens, I take them there first.</p>

<p>Just me, but if I were buying new Pentax bodies, I'd go for the K5 as my main, and a Kx as backup. That Kx is an outstanding entry-level DSLR at a really good price point.</p>

• 2 weeks later...