Which body and lens/es to Montreal?

nick_s5

<p>Nick, some very fine and varied images! Brent, Image Mill has been continued each summer now and will be shown through 2014, I believe. A part of the presentation includes other ethic groups in history, including we Anglos. Lepage changes the presentation about 20% or so each few years. It still uses 900 feet of silos width and 27 projectors (plus 300 or more loudspeakers). The arts graduate daughter of a neigbour friend is one of Robert's team at the Ex Machina site in the nearby former fire station turned into a mini Hollywoodian production site for his film, opera (Met, Toronto), circus (Cirque de Soleil) and other presentations. In the off season, the silos receive projected "Aurora Borealis" lights, but am not sure it continues throughout the year. We are lucky to have home-grown Lepage and the free presentations, but I am sure the city gets a good return through visitors.</p>

<p>Sir Paul had never been to the site of where General Wolfe climbed the rocks to the Plains of Abraham, but he was quite taken with the old town and on the morning he donned a sombrero, dark glasses and other artefacts to be able to bicycle unnoticed throughout the upper town for a bit of sightseeing before the concert (250 to 270,000 in the audience, another free event). You came at a good time, as there were a lot of public events to celebrate the 400th.</p>

<p>I appreciate the kind comments, Arthur. Montreal presents so much to take in that I tried to snap samples of various kinds of scenes with the body/lens combo I had. On my next visit I want to bring a tripod and do some night photography as well.</p>