Is there any manual camera that we don't like?

<blockquote>

<p> I have a Yashica 35 GSN bought after hearing much praise of it here. None of the people who praised the wretched thing were bothered by the impossibility of using it fully manually. And mine -- sample of one, so the information is suspect but still troublesome -- didn't shoot well. </p>

</blockquote>

<p>You really have been unlucky. I've never been bothered by not being able to use it fully manually, but then I didn't buy it because I wanted a fully manual camera. The lens on mine is very sharp and colourful, and for most situations, except the obvious extremes, the metering on mine (I have several in the range) is accurate enough for slide film. For a fully manual camera, I like the Yashica Minister range instead.</p>

<p>The Yashica I didn't like, and couldn't get on with, was the T3.</p>

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>@ <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4525289">Kozma Prutkoff</a><br /> Yes, that's it.<br /> I should add that I am working in antique store with over 200 vintage cameras.<br /> ...And I am sick of those Russian Copies of:<br /> <strong>Leica</strong> rangefinders called <em> Zorkij, Mir</em><br /> <strong>Minox 35</strong> called <em>Kiev35 </em> <br /> <strong>Minolta 16</strong> called <em>Kiev 16 </em><br /> <strong>Konica C35EF</strong> called <em>Elikon </em><br /> <strong>Hasselblad</strong> called <em>Kiev...</em><br /> <em><strong>Contax </strong>(rangefinders) called Kiev...</em><br /> I am tired of this, I am sure that You know about those bad copies, if not, try Google.<br /> <strong>I got all these cameras in my hands</strong>, some Zorki and Kiev-Contaxes are ok but rest is a crap with poor or no signs of quality control. <br /> After all, copying someone's work (without even changing a smallest part) is WRONG.<br /> So here is my answer to orginal question explained. <br /> <em> </em><br /> <em><br /></em></p><div>00XTCr-289789684.jpg.0ff318baf8c77359f402095c2edd7218.jpg</div>