How to remove or reduce shadow

<p>If you can take time out to carefully 'select' that lovely little lady out of the background, it all becomes a lot easier. Of course that is easier said than done a lot of times. I had a go myself, to see what I might come up with...and here is the result. It can be done more precisely for sure, given more time and effort (and more skills than I have). Here is what eventualised. Technically, I suppose when that lovely lass has been 'extracted' skillfully, the existing background (sans shadows) could be substituted too.</p>

<p>I boosted brightness/contrast to help me 'pick out' the subject and copied it onto another layer. I then went back to the layer where I started and built up the curtain cloning away the shadows. I then put the subject back onto that layer and readjusted a bit. And that was essentially it! Take some time and try something like that.<br>

<br /> And one more thing ~ try to remedy the shadows on her arms too, primarily her left arm.</p><div>00XPoa-287007584.jpg.e9860fa105df5261163a21f101408877.jpg</div>