New to the Wedding market...

kerri_albano

<p>Not me. I respect that expensive clothing. I do not think that the 'trash the dress' sessions are as popular as everyone thinks. I just see them as a fad right now. Why would someone want to spend a good deal of money on a dress and then destroy it. Everyone is not a rock star with a rock star budget. Stay away from the fads is my advice.</p>

<p>I offer it - but so far no one has done one... I don't think they are as popular as they were a few years ago...</p>

<p>Personally - it's up the client - if they want to trash their dress and have me capture images of it - great - if they don't - they don't - no skin off of my back either way.</p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>I think location plays a big factor. Here in the midwest it doesn't happen too often! Depending on the situation, you can always have the bride buy a cheap 2nd hand wedding dress to trash. As example, we shot a wedding of a couple on a water ski team and the Sunday after the wedding, we shot the team on the lake. It would have been cool to have the bride in any sort of wedding dress. Or, if you are doing a destination wedding, blue sky, white sand, having a "cheap" dress to trash can be a good idea.</p>

<p>There's a way to do trash the dress that doesn't involve ruining the original. Get her to find a cheap used one that is similar and fits. Get it dry cleaned and have him do the same with his suit. Then go have fun. I've done this a few times and it's worked perfectly. They loved the session and the images. I do agree though that it's a fad that I think will fad.</p>

<p>Hi Kerri, I've only shot one TTD session and I loved it and the client loved the images. They ordered an extra album with just the TTD shots.</p>

<p>I don't care how much the dress cost, it's up to the client. I've booked another two sessions based on reactions to the first one. One of them is for a bride who wanted me to shoot her wedding, but i was already booked.</p>

<p>You don't have to ruin the dress, it depends on how adventurous the couple want to be.</p>

<p>The couple who's TTD day I've already done said that they didn't want to leave the dress in a box in the cupboard forever, so they loved the idea. After the TTD day, they dry cleaned the dress and donated it to charity.</p>

<p>By the way, I'm in Australia and haven't seen too many people doing it. I got the idea from here (photo.net). I'm also a fan of Tracy Turpen (US photog) and she did a session called "you, me and a bag of Wendy's", which I absolutely love. If you search for it on her blog you will find it. They seriously trashed the dress!</p>

<p>I would say offer the service. Not everyone will go for it, perhaps not many at all. But it's fun if you get the chance.</p>

<p>Scott.</p>