Matt Laur

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Hi everyone! What a lovely thread to browse through, once again!</p>

<p>Finally I put my gear to some decent use and went to a studio workshop last Saturday. I had a great time there and learned a lot about studio lighting and about working with model (she was great, very patient with us amateurs). Time well spent, I think. I'm still going through the shots, but here's one of the shots I took.</p>

<p> </p><div>00XO3G-285409584.jpg.fda517911ed3125f80dce162ff90606e.jpg</div>

<p>Another week of exceptional photos.<br>

David Janson: beautiful rose<br>

Tony: good shot of the locomotive<br>

Andy: whimsical and funny<br>

Doug: another great church photo. Is a book in the works?<br>

This is a shot I took this morning. An egret trying to eat a mole or gopher. Played with it like a cat for a while, then threw it down in disgust and went off looking for something more slimy.</p><div>00XOD9-285529784.jpg.0df1943825ba38c08e45102a21be9dc8.jpg</div>

<p>Great shots today... as always. I was out this weekend at a local wetland called Wakodahatchee. Bird life was somewhat scarce so I did some macro work. These flowers are commonly eaten by Purple Gallinules that roam the wetlands here in S Florida. Beautiful delicate flower. I thought I would contrast it with a not-so-delicate background since I am in my 'experiment with Photoshop' phase. Hope you enjoy.</p><div>00XODT-285535684.jpg.2e269da4d251267467a0a9cc2cce2151.jpg</div>

<p>Great pics, too many pics to choose a favorite!<br /> My pic is from a Hummer H1 (built on the military platform, HMMWV), "Wrenching Party". There were about 30 H1s in attendance (this is a partial view). Very rare occurrence, being there were only about 300 made per year (hand built by Am General, in Mishawaka, Mi) and production ran from 1993-2006.</p><div>00XODv-285541584.jpg.e23c60ef774363873c62f3d67f31ad8a.jpg</div>

<p><strong>WedNEsDAy PiC #39</strong></p>

<p>B M Mills – well executed shot (ignore the ratings)<br>

David Janson – best rose I have seen for some time (great lighting)<br>

Doug Rice – like the effect (minus the hexagonals)<br>

Finlay Jolliffe – great cicada (a cross between a “yellow Monday” and a “black prince”)<br>

Jeannean Buglady – very colourful with nice shimmer in the cicada wings<br>

Jens Frederiksen – great view from above with a pleasing angle<br>

Kent Shafer – I had to look at this four times before I even noticed the dentist (that’s how fixated I was on the needle)<br>

Marc McCoy – nice focus on the finger (tip)<br>

Steven Ford – of all the cardinal shots I have seen, this is a favourite (nice detail where it counts, eyes, beak and check out the claws)<br>

Tim Holte – nice early morning scene<br>

Tony Hadley – inspired moment rewarded with a great effect<br>

Torban Palm – great textural interface between sand and cloud</p>