SD-8A Parts List/Diagram

jim_foley4

<p>Does anyone out there have the parts list for the SD-8A flash power supply? I need a replacement cable and called Nikon but after several phone transfers they gave me the SC-16 as the part number then directed me to B&H. This is clearly not the right cable. I'll try again today but if I had the part number I could eliminate the confusion on their end. It's just too easy to change this cable myself rather than send it in and add the cost of labor. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>I believe the SD-8A model that has been on the market for some 30+ years changed the internal electronic components over the years, but remains in the same form and features.</p>

<p>It has a non-detacheable cable, so has no replacement cable for it, and the recommended SC-16 is as close as it gets.</p>

<p>There is nothing to "eliminate confusion" about, either at B&H or at Nikon.</p>

<p>The SC-16 is cable for another external high voltage pack. You cannot directly use SC-16, but could possibly "adapt" the SB-16 cable for the SD-8A use, e.g. possibly by removing the old cable, and soldering in the replacement cable. Be careful, since the recessed center wire carries some 330 VDC.</p>

<p>Does anyone have the real answer? The cable is easily detached by removing 6 screws from the case and 4 screws from the circuit board and unpluging the cable from the circuit board. Yes, it uses a little 4 pin connector to attach to the circuit board. No soldering is involved. I never said B&H is confused. I could possibly adapt the SC-16 but it does not have the PC connector, only the 3 pin high voltage connector. I would like the original cable if I can get it, thank you.</p>

<p>Jim, do not kill the messenger.</p>

<p>The real answers are that there never had been commercially available replacement cable for this unit.<br>

Cable replacement and repair cost at Nikon would be higher than the cost of a brand new unit. <br>

Depending what you use it with, the low voltage PC sync cable may not be necessary. I use it without the PC sync cable on Nikon film and DSLR. <br>

Some flashes or cameras that have PC sync socket on the body, do accomodate, or posibly require the PC cable. If you do not power flash or camera with low level voltage, you could possibly ignore the annoying PC short cable. </p>