If You Buy A Used D600

bob_h

<p>As far as I know, Nikon will service that particular D600 shutter/sensor oil/dust issue essentially forever for all owners. Of course, parts will eventually run out or the repair is no longer economical, and Nikon may choose to replace it with some D610 or future D620, D630 .... And there could be some debates about whether one particular problem is covered by this service advisory or not.</p>

<p>If you want to be sure, it is best to verify this with Nikon directly, especially if you end up with a gray-market D600.</p>

<p>http://www.nikonusa.com/en/service-and-support/service-advisories/hs309y82/Updated-Technical-Service-Advisory-for-Users-of-the-Nikon-D600-Digital-SLR-Camera.html</p>

<blockquote>

<p><strong >The solution:</strong> Nikon is making available to all owners of D600 cameras (even if Nikon’s product warranty has expired) this customer-service measure, which includes the inspection, cleaning and replacement of the shutter assembly and related parts of your camera, FREE OF CHARGE as well as the cost of shipping D600 cameras to Nikon and their return to customers. In the event that after this customer service measure has been performed, dust particle spots are still visible in your images, please contact Nikon Customer Relations by phone at the number indicated below to discuss your concern. If appropriate, Nikon will either replace your camera with a new D600 camera or its equivalent model. <br /></p>

</blockquote>

<p>I actually called Nikon with just this question about a year ago when I was considering buying a used D600. They indicated that shutter sensor servicing would still be honored on a used D600. I would call to double check that it is still the case. I ended up buying a used D610 in the end though due to the price differential being fairly small. Best of luck! </p>