Pentaprisms, are they interchangeable from the OM-10 to the OM-1?

nat_pelson

<p>The prism on Olympus OM cameras can't be changed the way you would change one on a Nikon F2 or Canon F-1 buy a qualified repair person can replace a prism if one is needed. I have read that people bought non-working OM-10 cameras to re-use their prisms in an OM 1-4 series camera. I have an OM2000 as one of my Olympus SLR bodies. The OM2000 was made by Cosina. If I needed a new prism for that camera I could probably get one from a Vivitar V4000 or similar Cosina-made model.</p>

<p>OM-3, 3Ti, 4, 4T, Ti use the same prism, ZC4512. Difficult to swap (it's under the circuit) and different than other prism originally discussed. We're talking repairs here, so, no, not the same as removing a Nikon FTn meter prism but relatively easy to do in the models mentioned in the beginning of this thread. John</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Update.<br>

Confirmed.<br>

Tonight I swapped the prism from a donor OM-10 to my OM-1md, all is well but it seems the meter is now reading 1/2 to 1 full stop brighter than before. Wonder if the damaged prism wasn't passing quite as much light as the newer one is?</p>