printing work with white border

<p>i keep attempting to print my work with a white border all around my image, set at .5inch for each side, but when the image is printed, it doesnt appear centered, so i get different border widths on each side making it difficult for my framer to place the mount etc. not sure what im doing wrong.<br>

i print on A3+ size paper. upon completion of the image and when i'm ready to print, i go to image size and set image dimensions to 18inches (for the longest bit) as the paper length is 19inches.<br>

i go to print.<br>

i have also tried expanding the canvas size by .5inch on each side and then selecting fit to paper size when printing , also not working.</p>

<p>please help.</p>

<p>IF I understand you correctly, you are setting borders to .5 inch.<br>

Then, printing to a 19 inch paper and telling the PRINTER it is only 18 inches long. That will not "center" the image. It probably centers it on the top 18 inches. Leaving a larger border at the bottom. <br>

If that is what you are doing and not what you want, suggest you set the printer to 19 inch length. Otherwise it never will center the image.<br>

Then it should print with a half inch border on all sides, if the proportions of the image will fit it.</p>

<p>I'd set the borders at .5, set paper size for A3 or 19 inch length whichever your printer has, and print. <br>

As the paper is 19inches long, setting it to 18 makes the printer think it is only 18 inches long. So it tries to set the borders as if the paper is only 18 inches.</p>

<p>so to be clear Robert, you're telling me to set my canvas adding .5inches to each side.<br>

and in image size i went to 19<br>

then going to print and telling the printer its A3+ paper and checking the box that says<br>

something like fit to size?<br>

correct?<br>

i've done that, as explained above, still got different sized ends</p>

<p>Are you using a file that can be printed to those exact dimensions, without resizing it?<br>

If it is not long enough, it would not be able to fit.<br>

On my printer, can set both side, top and bottom margins separately.<br>

So in such a situation, would set borders so the widest one is on the bottom.<br>

On a horizontal format, then can make the "sides" which are the top and bottom, to leave the additional space on the bottom. On a verticle, set the top to .5 and let the bottom to use the rest.<br>

This might help you....<br>

When getting any new piece of equipment, I read the manual like a novel, fast, without trying to understand everything. Then, go back and read all the headings, your brain picks up what is in the paragraph. <br>

Then, I go back and read each paragraph slowly, use a highlighter to highlight the <em>first line</em> in the paragraphs that are important. That line usually contains the most important info. By that time am pretty familiar with the equipment.<br>

Then, if I don't use it for a time, like we travel the US in a Motorhome about six months of the year, so don't bring my printer with me. When we return, then have to refresh. So read only the highlighted lines, and am back in business. :) Even at 80 years young, it has made things much easier. Even if I dont use my camera for a few weeks, always go back and read the lines Ive highlighted. Have been doing this since about the 50's when a friend told me how he did it.</p>

<p> </p>