Repairing a softbox

bluphoto

<p>I have a softbox I bought a couple of years ago (2m x 0.7m) on which one of the rods has burst through the corner, and the other one (on the other side of the same short end) looks like its about to go the same way.<br>

Is there a good way anyone knows of to re-capture the rod-end and retain it within the little pockets in the softbox corner?<br>

All I can think of is maybe snipping a couple of the fingers off a heavy duty gardening glove and super-glueing them into the burst corner pockets - and probably the "not-yet-burst" ones as well, as they'll probably go sooner or later!.</p>

<p>many thanks<br>

Guy</p>

<p>Take it to a good clothing alterations person in your town. He or she will know tons about working with fabrics and should be able to not only repair, but reinforce it at all FOUR corners so this doesn't happen again for a very long time. Be sure to take one of the rods so they can see how it works and how much space is needed within the pocket. Yeah, I've had this done and the lady I used saved my soft box from the trash.</p>