P&S under $200 w/manual controls

kfoster70

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>A friend of mine has a daughter taking digital photography class. She needs a camera with manual controls, or at least aperture priority and shutter priority controls. The only thing I can come up with is a Canon SX120 IS. Its going for $199 right now and would seem to fit the bill. However, I'm wondering if there is something else out there that might also fit the bill.</p>

<p>Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>Kevin</p>

<p>John,</p>

<p>Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. I know going used is a viable route, and I will definitely let her look at KEH. But I wanted the option of something new that she could go look at. She's a little apprehensive about used, especially something online that cant be viewed first.</p>

<p>The funny thing is that I looked at this camera on dpreview.com. They listed it as not having AP or SP modes in its spec list.</p>

<p>And thanks for the price tips. I actually found it on the Staples site, and they have it in stock at store near where she lives.</p>

<p>K</p>

<blockquote>

<p>on dpreview.com. They listed it as not having AP or SP modes</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yeah, that is a serious mistake of dpreview<br>

I just double check the user guide here about PASM:<br>

<a href="http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/publications/urg00995toc.jhtml?pq-path=15222/15225">http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/publications/urg00995toc.jhtml?pq-path=15222/15225</a></p>

<p>you might even have a look at <a href="http://amzn.to/bBcO7c">FujiFilm Finepix S1800</a> which has manual controls and within your budget. I am using this camera for a Digital Photography class and needed a camera with decent bang for little bucks after looking over a bunch of different cameras this one had the advance features that I needed. It also had a very good price. </p>

<p>I have the Canon SX120 and I love it! It has all the same manual controls as any DSLR or film camera, and it takes very good shots IMO. It's a great camera to have with you at all times and is a lot of fun to use. The Kodak model is a nice camera which I considered when i got the canon, but I eventually decided to go with Canon because, well I'm a Canon guy, and am used to the controls of a Canon and just felt going the Canon route was right for me. I think it's probably a slightly better camera, but I've always had great luck with Kodak camera, the best I ever had was a Kodak P&S 35mm film camera from like 15 years ago. It took great pictures even with slide film and I lost the darn thing at a swimming hole and never forgave myself for doing it. (I left it there, when I went back it was gone, needless to say someone took it for themselves) But if you decide to consider the Canon rest assured it's a nice little camera. But hey if you can save that kind of money, go for it.</p>