SRT focus screens?

nat_pelson

<p>It would be cheaper to buy a newer SRT-102, SRT201, or SRT 202 as I believe they all have the split-wedge center with microprism collar screen from the factory. I doubt any camera repair place would have spare factory screens, they would have to use a screen from an unrepairable carcass camera and the total cost to remove the top and prism to exchange the focusing screen would likely be the price of a newer body. The advantage would also be that you would now have a spare body.</p>

<p>I find the finder of the 201 nicer than the finder of the 101. I have an original black dial (shutter speed dial) 101 and a second silver dial 101 which still has the mirror lock-up. The 102 was the last model to include mirror lock-up. The finder of an X-700 is brighter than that of any SRT model. The X-700 came with the combination split image/microprism as the standard screen. Other screens were available but are not easy to find now. I keep a grid screen in one X-700, a plain matte screen in another and the other four have the standard screen. The disadvantage to the X-700 is that it is not a mechanical camera so if the battery dies you have to stop shooting. Greg Weber has taken split image screens from Konica Autoreflex T3s and put them into older Autoreflex T2 bodies. The screens are the same size so that works. I did something different and had Greg install a Nikon E (grid) screen into a Konica Autoreflex T2. This makes using macro lenses and slower longer lenses easier and gives me all of the mechanical speeds. I agree that you can probably buy a later model SRT camera which already has the split image focusing aid for less than it would cost to transfer a screen to the camera you already have. The only disadvantage os that the later SRT models do not have mirror lock-up. </p>

<p>This shows we all have a different prefrence in screens. I can't stand microprism and/or split wedge screens. Has any one noticed that often the split-wedge does not agree prefectly with the fine matte ground glass collar? That's one reason I went with the OM system back in 1974, they had interchangeable screens and the first thing I did with a body was pull out the standard screen and install a 1-10, plain matte with grid lines. But, to each his own.</p>

<p>ROFLMAO<br /> I just got an OM-1 and the first thing I did was change the screen to the split/prism/matte lololol<br>

Mine only dissagree when I don't have my diopter corrector on it ( WHAT A DIFFERENCE! ). I made one that is swappable between my SRT and OM-1. I'm hoping to find another -1 glass so I can leave one on each camera but alas they are rare as hens teeth.</p>