Request that anonymous postings be disabled

leighb

• 4 weeks later...

<p>I thank photo.net for all the work they have put into creating this site. I have learned a lot from great photographers - and it is a lot of them here.<br>

However, as long as the anonymous raters are not able to write despite the system enables them to do so (illiterate detractors maybe?) I must assume they enjoy making life unbearable for the lot of community members who really make hard work to advance to higher levels. I must start to questioning the anonymous rating at all.<br>

I read a lot of people being criticized for giving statement such as "...I like it" or similar statements, or friendship 6 or 7`ratings. Think that is more tolerable than, becoming a 3 anonymously without a word which I see as a worst case situation for this site.<br>

Why is an anonymous able to rate with 3 without giving a comment. Just as it is not possible to request critic without filling in a statement there should be attached a condition (such as giving a statement) to rate at all.<br>

Giving critic without rating is OK. Rating without critic will never work. It will just outwear this great site over time.<br>

Kind Regards<br>

Bela Dick</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Why is an anonymous able to rate with 3 without giving a comment. Just as it is not possible to request critic without filling in a statement there should be attached a condition (such as giving a statement) to rate at all.<br /> Giving critic without rating is OK. Rating without critic will never work. It will just outwear this great site over time.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Well we've lasted a decade now without that requirement, so.....</p>

<p>Seriously though. The ratings system and the critique systems are two different htings. One gets you a number, the other gets you words. If you want words, ask for words. If you want a number, ask for a number. Don't ask for one and then get disappointed if you don't get the other.</p>