Complaining client - your thoughts?

bob_schueler

<p>I'm having trouble seeing much of anything around the huge watermark, but I agree with most of what has been said. As one of the early commenters mentioned, it's all about the bride. Even the most laid back bride wants the wedding to be about her. Just a random sample I came to was #72, which is a shot of the bride with her bridesmaids. You have the bride in the back, she should be in the front. For the most part, though, the photos are pretty decent, and on par with what your portfolio shows.<br>

Some clients will complain in the hopes of getting a freebie. I got my first and only complaint several years ago when I was just getting started, and I gave the client a print credit, and wouldn't you know, they used the whole thing. I'm not saying that is what your client is after, but I would respond in a positive, professional way asking her to clarify what she doesn't like, and making clear that you are willing to work with her to resolve the situation.<br>

As far as all the other people with cameras, you need to let it roll of your shoulder, and learn how to coral them during the portrait session. I usually do formal photos during the cocktail hour, and I politely ask any guests with cameras to wait until after I'm done shooting to take their shots. And there will be guests with better gear than you too, it's just a fact of life. At a wedding I shot last year, one of the bride's aunts showed up with a Canon 1Ds MarkIII and 50mm f1.2, about the same price as all three cameras I was carrying. Keep in mind that the bride and groom hired you to photograph their wedding, be polite to all the other guests with cameras, but don't be afraid to politely ask them to move.</p>