Photomontage and cast only shadows.

<p> For those who like creative photomontage the technique of casting only shadows may be interesting and may help you.<br>

To integrate a photo of an object in a complicated 3D environment you need accurate shaddows.<br>

You may create a 3D object similar to the object in the photo (that you want to integrate) and make it cast only shadows (it will remain invisible with visible only it's shadows).<br>

Then in the position of the invisible 3D object you paste the (cut and copied) photo.</p><div>00X7Qu-271307584.jpg.d3e9e488c63fb0e3b494beaf71fafcf9.jpg</div>

<p>It is important:<br>

The points of view in the photo and in the 3D to be (nearly) the same.<br>

The light source in the photo and the 3D to be in the same point (nearly) and to have the same (nearly) parameters.<br>

In this example things are rather simple but there cases with many light sources, with semi-transparent objects (half-full bottles of liquids) and with many frames (animated montages).<br>

I use this technique in my work: "Andromeda dream" and others.<br>

I hope you find this interesting.</p>

<p>Thank you for nice words.<br>

The "cast only shadows" is an option for a 3D object in 3D environment not in 2D image processing software. So you need a 3D software to create and render 3D objects.<br>

First create the 3D (with a 3D software), then render the 3D (with a 3D software) in a file format that preserves transparency and then process this file (with a 2D image processing software).<br>

A nice 3D software you can find here: <a href="http://www.blender.org/">http://www.blender.org/</a> <br>

I will try to make some basic tutorials for Blender 3D here in Photo.net.</p>