Tessar 3.5 grey - anyone need one?

geoffrey goldberg

<p>I was recently in Torino, Italy, and a camera dealer had an immaculate 3.5 Tessar - I think the serial number was about 1.6 mil. It was a rare grey model, he suggested it was a police camera, had a slightly revised shutter button, removable WLF, and was v.v. clean. He wanted 600 Euros for it - a pretty nice price. Came with a good case too. <br>

If anyone is interested, let me know. I'll dig up (I hope) his card. Sorry no photos. <br>

Geoff</p>

<p>Very curious. From the lens and serial number this would be a Rolleiflex Automat K4B from about 1955 but they didn't have removable WLF's that early and they didn't come in grey.<br>

It seems more likely to be a T model Rolleiflex because they came in grey, some had the removable WLF, and had a shutter release that stuck out to the side at an angle.<br>

The serial number would start with a "T", however, and the next digit would be a 2.<br>

If this is the case, 600 euros is much too high a price. These were Rollei's mid-level cameras, between the low-end Rolleicord and the high-end E's and F's.</p>