Canon 28mm f2.8 in LTM

<p>Found a Canon 28mm f2.8 in LTM. It looks well made, in silver finish. The front element is very deeply recessed, so much so that you don't need a hood. And it is remarkably compactA, like a pancake lens. It's smaller than my 28mm f3.5 VC Skopar, but heavier. </p>

<p>I was a bit surprised, because I had thought the early Canon 28mm's were all f3.5's. In any event, it looks promising ... I hope to post some shots soon. Has anyone else used this lens? Would love to hear about others experience with it and see their shots.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Fred; does it have any issues with mounting on a Epson RD-1?</p>

<p><br /> Probably not.; I wonder if it has a deep set rear groups or features. <br /> <br /> Here my only LTM now is my Orion 28mm F6. It works real well on the Epson; and is sharp even wide open. I have the itch to get faster 28mm sometimes.</p>

<p><br /> The Orion seems to exceed the RD-1's sensor; I shot some on axis shots at F6,8,11, 16 and they all looked the same. For corners I have not run anything formal. It is an odd lens. <br>

<br /> I once had a early 1970's Soligor 28mm F2.8 in Nikon F mount that was a dog; not OK unless at F11 to F16; but nothing great.</p>

<p>I have a canon 28 f2.8. It made me some good Kodachromes at f5.6 & f8. Wide open, it is fairly ordinary at the corners and edges. I think the problem is supposed to be from astigmatism.<br>

Over all I think it is OK. I never thought to get a different 28, although, with an M3, I tend to not use that focal length a lot.<br>

Please do post a few shots at wide and medium apertures, against a modern lens like your VC Skopar.</p>

<p>Kelly, no problems mounting on an RD-1s. In fact, the rear element is also very flat. This flattish rear element seems common to many of my older wides. The more modern designs do protrude more. VC rear lens caps are two or three times deeper than classic canon and leica LTM rear lens caps ...</p>