Camera $600-$800 with lens which one would you suggest?

jan_jarczyk

<p>Hi friend of mine ask me (someone who've got a few cameras) to recommend to him a camera in a price range $600-$800 with a lens, I assume he will use it for general purposes <br /> well i have never bought anything in that price range and have no idea what to recommend so i'm asking you.<br /> links to shops in USA are welcome<br /> Thanks <br /> Jan Jarczyk</p>

<p>May depend how "in to" Cameras they are, but the Digital Rebel T2i kit is $829 might find it lower shop around. The Camera has all the Auto modes for the newbie and all the manual modes for the experienced, 18 megapixel, it's almost like getting a 7D at highend consumer camera price. Does HiDef video. The camera is simple enough for a beginner but will still be good all the way up to entry level professional. If he did not want to break over 800 then there is the Canon Digital Rebel T1i for a couple hundred less, a version earlier but still a real good camera. Either way, the cameras will be good as skills grow and there are options of getting different lenses and flashes. In my opinion, these cameras should be considered. Happy shopping to your friend.<br>

<a href="http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetProductAct&productID=369">http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetProductAct&productID=369</a></p>

Cheers, Mark

<p>Canon EOS Rebel XS w/ 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm USM should be within your friend's budget. Drop the 75-300 and your friend will be smokin' with extra cash for a flash, memory cards, batteries, whatever. Go wander inside Walmart as a start. They were unloading this camera w/18-55 a month or so ago cheap!</p>

<p>It would help a lot if you can answer the following questions:<br>

1. Would you consider used stuff? always get much better deal this way (well, did you buy your car new or pre-owned?)</p>

<p>2. Is your friend going to just live with that, or will he upgrade later? (I also think Pentax is a good deal but I don't think they will ever have a full frame DSLR)</p>

<p>3. Do you really mean "A lens" or it could be more lenses?</p>

<p>There are many excellent choices in that price range. You can't really go wrong with any of the main brands.</p>

<p>For Canon, I'd recommend an XS with the 18-55 IS kit lens, and possibly a 55-250 IS lens if telephoto is needed. If you need video too, have to go with the T1i with the 18-55 IS. And you can save some money by getting some of that used or refurbished.</p>

<p>I've had good experiences buying from Adorama, B&H, Amazon, and KEH.</p>