<p>once again i got a message that CS3's license wasn't good and so i went to control panel to repair and it seemed to be doing it's "thing" , it asked to insert the disc for cs3 which i did and then later i got the message to install the disc for cs4.<br>

Any clues? Talking to Adobe is so difficult even as a register user.</p>

<p>Ann, just so I'm clear on this, are you trying to install CS4 as an upgrade to CS3? And, do or did you have CS3 installed on two other computers? If so, you'll have to deactivate CS3 in one of the other machines to make the license for this machine valid. I suspect you may have to bite the bullet and talk to Adobe...</p>

<p>it append to a friend once.. on a *pirated copy of CS3* (dont say its your case) .. but he simply buy the real CS4 to make sure it dont append again.</p>

<p>CS3 was working fine, then he need to reinstall something, ask for the CS3 cd, start the installation, eject the CD and ask for the CS4 cd.. look like youre problem. SO if you are the legitimate owner of this CS3 i would contact Adobe for sure, as your next option will be to find another CS3 or CS4.. a real one.</p>

<p>*UPDATE*<br /> <br />this link seem to realted the same problem as you, something to do with a CS4 trial install once and not correctly remove or not remove at all.. on the bottom of the long forum post i think you may have the solution from what i read.</p>

<p>http://forums.adobe.com/thread/313229?tstart=1</p>

<p>i had a legal, registar copy of cs3 and it has done this in the past ; said the license was no good, and when i called adobe they wanted 49 dollars to tell me to go to the control panel and click on the program and it would repair itself. In fact i came here at the time asking for help as i wanted to do things correctly and not have issues with adobe.</p>

<p>no i am not trying to load an upgrade of cs4 nor in fact an upgrade of 3, the cs3 is a professional standard purchase.<br>

patrick i will check the link your provided.</p>

<p>it isn't that i don't want to call adobe, but their support for "0lder products is basically none, or that has been my experience. And frankly, the need to purchase another cs3 when i have already purchased one several years ago, doesn't set very well with me.</p>

<p>thanks, all</p>

<p>just an update.</p>

<p>i decided just for fun to open cs3 again to see what happened; i.e. exactly what was the verbage so i could discuss with adobe. low and behold image my surprised when it "fired up" as it should.<br>

thanks for the support folks</p>

<p>probably a good idea but your 2 min and my are "miles apart :) "</p>

<p>i am trying to get better acquainted with differences but i do wonder why the layout changes.<br>

i certainly understand new "toys" and functions but i suppose if i had more experience it would help, but my use varies from a few minutes a month to long periods of non-use so the learning curve is painful.</p>