F3 sutter release

john_doe112

<p>Hi<br>

I recently bought a used F3 from a professional photostore. Unfortunately if I advance the film leveler the shutter releases without pushing the button. Is this a setting I'm not a aware of or is it broken? Actually it did work for half of the roll, but I don't remember to have set anything differently, but maybe accidentally.<br>

Cheers,<br>

Y.</p>

<p>There are 2 shutter releases on the F3. The main one requires the power to be turned on to work.<br>

If you advance the file with the power off, does the shutter fire? If so, then it could be the manual release (does not require piower, but provides only 1/60th) that is stuck. This lever, on the right side of the lens, should be upright.<br>

I just retired my 26 year old F3 after 26 good years. Apparently some wheel wore out, rather than broke, and the camera is not repairable.<br>

Good luck.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, your F3 seems to be out of order. In general, it would not be very advisable it to buy second hand cameras that have been ovbiously or even apparently used by professionals, film or digital: they are most likely well worn out!</p>