How to assign Virtual Horizon to Fn button?

sunray1

<p>Hi there,<br>

Probably / hopefully a simple question: how do I assign the Virtual Horizon to the function button on my D700?<br>

Menu option f5 let's me assign all different functions to the button and after pressing OK they show as a symbol and work when pressing the button (i.e. spot meter, or Live View)<br>

But this doesn't work with the Virtual Horizon function, although it is listed in the menu and also shows as a symbol after pressing OK. No VH when I press the Fn button...<br>

Same goes for trying to assign the Virtual Horizon to either the Preview Button or the AE-L/E button.<br>

Am I doing wrong or is there something wrong with the camera?<br>

Thanx!</p>

<p>Just did a quick google search. It shows up in the viewfinder.<br>

"The tilt sensor can also (perhaps more practically) be displayed on the top LCD panel or inside the viewfinder (using the exposure scale) if it is assigned to the Fn button. A new (and very useful) option on the D700 is to superimpose the Virtual Horizon onto the Live View image. This option has been implemented as one of the display modes and you can cycle through those by pressing the Info button in Live View."<br>

Source: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond700/page8.asp</p>

<p>Jake, thanx! Indeed I saw the bars when pressing the Fn button, bit didn't recognise them as being the Virtual Horizon.<br>

Still figuring out how to display the Virtual Horizon on the big LCD while pressing the Function Button though....</p>

<p>Ok, did some more searching on the web and it seems that with the Fn button you only can display the VH in the viewfinder and top LCD. To see the fancy grahic VH on the back LCD you have to acces it through the menu...<br>

Thanx again!</p>

• 1 year later...