rewind halfway without "R position"

hui_chen2

<p>Hello everyone,</p>

<p>I'm new to leica. <br>

I forgot to put the rewind release lever to its "R" position while I was rewinding a roll of frame halfway from frame 12.<br>

Will this action damage my camera?</p>

<p>Thank you!<br /> Nathan</p>

<p>I'd guess it's to keep the film from rolling back and getting uneven spacing until you are ready to rewind. I'm surprised you are able to rewind partially before depressing the lever.<br>

I have an M6 where the lever must be pressed (and held) until rewinding is done.<br>

Might also have something to do with resetting the frame counter.</p>

<p>Nathan, what camera are you using? Are you spinning the rewind knob in the direction of the arrow? If you go backwards, you'll damage the film, and if you force it in the arrow direction but not actuate the "R" lever, you'll damage the film sprocket holes. (Along with film chips contamination into the body)</p>

<p>Ted, if your M6 requires that <strong>you hold</strong> the rewind lever clockwise, then it's possible you're in the middle of the advance stroke. Just rewind for a bit to get away from the film stop, then cock the shutter to it's fullest. Next re-hit the "R" lever again, and it should then stay locked down as you spin the rewind knob.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>As I recall:<br />I spinned the rewind knob for about two or three circles at frame 12, then I changed my mind, and advanced the frame to the end of 36 exposures.<br />Then I switched to "R" position, and rewinded the film.<br />I've taken out the film from the catridge. the film sprocket is intact.<br>

It's a Leica m7</p>

<p>Then tense the film by carefully turning the pull-out rewind button (15) in the direction of the arrow. The film is properly wound if the rewind button turns in the opposite direction to the arrow when the quick wind lever is operated again.<br>

Leica MP Instruction.</p>

<p>"turning the pull-out rewind button in the direction of the arrow"<br>

How many circles should I turn the rewind button?</p>