need an adapter for nikkor-s f/1.4 lens to m2

<p>I've just inherited my father-in-law's Nikon S2, with the (I think) rather famous 50mm f/1.4 Nippon-Kogaku lens. I would really like to use it on my M2. (I have the Canon f/1.4 as well, and located an adapter easily.) Information regarding adapters is seemingly spotty--either you can make one (I think) from several parts (uh, no...), or there are some semi-mythical expensive ones (again, not likely) or ???. Rumor has it that there is someone selling them on ebay, but I've had no luck finding it.</p>

<p>So, I ask you folks--Is there a reasonably priced adapter available, and where? How much?</p>

<p>The F/1.4 is a beautiful little lens, with a great reputation. It would be fun to extend its usable life by another quarter-century or so (cross fingers). </p>

<p>Thanks for any help.</p>

<p>p.s. The lens is actually marked 5.0cm f/1.4 Nikkor-S.C, if that makes a difference. It's mounted on an S2, as I said.</p>

<p><b><a href="http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/amedeo.m&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID">amadeo.m</a></b> is your man. He doesn't always have adapters ready for sale on eBay, but I believe he will build them to order. He also spends time on rangefinder forum (user name of <b>Amedeo Muscelli</b>).<br>

As for price... his adapters may seem expensive, but they're nothing compared to the price of an original Cooke & Perkins, or even the Orion adapters.</p>

<p>Well, I've got two Nikon S to Leica adaptors made in Japan and I love them, expensive as they are. I've seen Amedeo's work and was very impressed. His Nikon S to Leica adapters are the least expensive I've seen. </p>

<p>Well, I've got two Nikon S to Leica adaptors made in Japan and I love them, expensive as they are. I've seen Amedeo's work and was very impressed. His Nikon S to Leica adapters are the least expensive I've seen. </p>

<p>Why not simply use the S2 to shoot with? A CLA on it, is probably cheaper than the adapter? Nikkor glass hasn't a helical to focus the lens, it is part of the body. So any adapter must include the carefully machined helical mechanism, which doesn't sound cheap.<br /> A 3rd idea: store the family heirloom, and buy a thread mount Nikkor. These fit on any M mount, with a simple inexpensive adapter.</p>

<p>The new lens idea is a good one too. The Cosina lenses are the best glass for the money , and blow away almost every vintage lens.</p>