Imacon flextight precision II

<p>Hi!<br>

Im got a good deal on an Imacon Flextigh Precision II but I have a PC and my partner has a Macbook Pro.. Is it hard to get this scanner to work on my PC?<br>

Is it easier on a Macbook Pro maybe??<br>

I have no knowledge on this subject and all tips and help is deeply apreciated.<br>

Thankyou!<br>

/Daniel</p>

<p>if i remember correctly you will need the firewire adapter to make it work on your mackbook as the Precision II was SCSI only (when i use it) I use it for years on a Mac, so yes it should work flawlesly. Make sure you ahve the latest Flextight software 4.x.x</p>

<p>On your PC you could install a SCSSI card and live happy.</p>

<p>It should work on both system, just make sure you can connect it ; )</p>

<p>Unless it is different for the PC, the SCSI scanners can only be run with an older version, which was clearly marked on their site, of the software. Now, Patrick may know this, but I don't know if you use a firewire adapter if the scanner can use the newer software or not. </p>

<p>If you are running a scsi card for the scanner, that can be your problem. Some cards did not work with the scanner and some caused issues. I had to install a specific card for the Imacon to get it to work right.</p>

<p>well, 8years ago!? ... i need to upadte the Precision II to a vIII via software, and in the box came a firewrie adapter for the Imacon.. it was at the beginning of the firewrie standard, and it work Ok depending of the day of the week ; )</p>

<p>I use a Adaptec 29xx SCSI card on my mac and it work well. Dont know how you can make it work on your laptop, best to contact a Hasselblad dealer to find out...</p>

• 5 months later...

<p>Daniel,<br>

I'm using this scanner via a internal scsi-card (take the cheapest one, dawicontrol for instance) on my Windows PC (XP and now Windows 7 64bit). Remember to start the scanner BEFORE starting the PC (or search for changed hardware in the XP-hardware manager). The Flexcolor Version is 4.3, but current 4.8 works well except for doing 3f-Scanning.</p>

• 5 months later...

<p>HELP<br>

I'm trying to get my Imacon Flextight Precision 2 working on my old Power Mac G5 with a ATTO SCSI card with Flexcolor 4.0.4 and all I get is a green flashing light on the scanner and a message "Scanner Not Found" on the software.<br>

Any suggestions!</p>

<p>Cheers Tim</p>

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
<p>I have a precision II which I have owned for years. I just took it out of storage, along with the RATOC adapter I bought for it several years ago. With everything installed, the Mac G5 running 10.4 sees the RATOC adapter, so it must be a good connection. The scanner was working fine with this set up, although it may have been on an older computer, I can't remember... When I turn on the scanner, the green power light blinks continuously. Hasselblad doesn't seem to have this scanner in any of their archives. I am wondering if this computer needs to have some sort of initialization of the scanner? The disc that came with the scanner if for Classic OS9 only. Baffled. Any help would be appreciated. thanks</p>

• 2 years later...
<p>For those having trouble with the Ratoc adapter, don't expect it to work. It is best to use an old, standard, slow speed Adaptec SCSI internal card on a desktop , and connect using standard SCSI cables, carefully secured, using the steps outlined elsewhere here. I use mine on a Powermac G4 and OS9. Microsoft killed off SCSI support with SP2 of Windows XP, and that combination is much more flaky. </p>