I got my model Christy Lee back

jdemoss99

<p>Just my two bits: I'd darken the background a bit in post. I love Haig's treatment. The thing I had to learn (and am still learning) is to watch the background and to make sure that there is enough light. I constantly try to remind myself that we really are painting with light as a friend of mine pointed out. The other thing that I find really helpful when shooting models it to take no more than about 3 photos of any single pose. I face and shoulders, one mid length, and one full length. Then have the model shift positions. This will giver her experience modeling, and you a lot more photos to choose from. As much as we love raw files and photoshop, I am trying to get it right in camera. It then allows you to focus on your vision in post processing instead of fixing problems that you should have caught had you been careful. It will also make the difference from being a great photographer who has thought about every aspect of his photo, including message, and being someone who is a snap shoot taker. More often than not I find myself in the latter position, but I am working to move into at least being someone who knows what he wants to achieve when he picks up the camera and starts considering lighting.</p>

<p>good luck.</p>

<p>Markus, Christy Liked alot of what we shot but the one she loved the most was the one I have taken an ass chewin over. Everyone pics that one and had great feedback off of it. I shot with a 41 limited which I don't feel is extremely close up lens. she also liked the one I put in the picture of the week. I am trying angles and everything now to learn what is right and what is not, There is a lot to learn and doing it on my own I can only count on feedback. Which after my post the other night I was very frustrated due to how everyone ripped th photo but when I show it around here it gets great feedback. I don't know which way to go. It is like at first when it was you need to shoot from tripod, well the more I shot the more I noticed images weren't as crisp as I would like them, so the past 6 months I have not picked up a tripod and my results are considerably better.</p>

<p>Jordan, there are a couple of things to consider.. The model has to look good in that pose..and then after that comes the pp.<br>

There is nothing wrong with brightening the eyes.. softening the skin..removing distractions from the background .. along with making sure the colors and light are good. But in all of that, it has to be done such that it does not look overcooked. So Christy looks good in this picture. go ahead play with it.. but do not overdo it! The version I posted.. even though it was a small sample, I left the eyes alone, but I did soften the skin..remove a smudge on her cheek..and blur the background and make it darker..along with warming the temperature up a bit.</p>

<p>I had a few more versus, but there was a line in there I thought might be taken the wrong way by Jordan, so I axed it all!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Let me tell you a story<br /> About a woman and a man<br /> Maybe you will find familiar<br /> Maybe you won't understand<br /> <br /> The man's name I don't remember<br /> He was always Jordan to me<br /> But I can't forget the woman<br /> She was always Christie Lee</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Jordan,<br>

Huge improvement from the winter posts a few months ago. You fill light is a little weak. You used a short burst which put a slight twinkle in her eyes which is good, but not enough to override the nose shadow on her cheek. A little more would have removed that shadow and given more fill on the entire face which is important in this case.<br>

Ok, so you're probably wondering what do you mean this case and why is it important?<br>

To catch this, you're going to have to take your eyes off of her pretty eyes and other assets for a moment and concentrate just on her face. Look at her complexion. It's less than perfect. You are using side lighting which accentuates any irregularities on the skin. The more fill light the less visible this becomes which means the less you have to fix in photoshop.<br>

To see the effect I'm talking about, take a coin and set it on your desk and look at it a moment. Then take a lamp and shine it from the side of the coin. When you do this, the detail on that coin becomes much more visible. If you move the light to directly above the coin, you lose some of the sharp detail. Her face is no different.<br>

I think in a shot like this, I would opt for a reflector or using the reflector with the flash. If you're using an accessory flash unit with tilt and swivel, I would point it slightly behind the camera at the reflector. This will soften the flash effect and give the additional fill without killing the mood of the shot.<br>

All things considered, this is basically a good shot and if Christy likes it, that's all that matters. Also, take everyone's comments with a grain of salt. Nobody is 'beating you up'. Listen and learn from those whos work you admire and don't worry about the rest.<br>

Mel</p>

<p>I let her wear pastel colours and unpatternd cloth to not draw the attention from the face beside my other remarks. Giving honest criticism is a present from my side and we all know how a written conversation on a public forum easily gets misunderstood and I confess my impatience as well. I hope you liked my Limerick.</p>

<p>Mel - Bravo for giving a full explanation of the corrections needed and also an explanation of why they are needed with an excellent example. I am filing your flash/reflector suggestion for future reference.<br>

<br /> Jordan - Those of us who try to give assistance forget that those on the other end can't read our minds and know exactly what's on our mind without us spelling it out, thus, my comment to Mel, he did spell it out. We are all learning here, that's why I'm filing his flash/reflector suggestion.</p>

<p>I know howard and I guess that is what I was trying to say, I do the same thing with things I am familar with and others ask me how to do them. I just spout off and when they don't gt it I get upset at them and ask why don't you understand its simple but anyways I do appreciate the help</p>