Portrait Lens for 5x7 View

gene_aker2

<p>Bruce, Thanks for your response. I'm with you and the 210; mine is actually a 215mm Ilex---but it certainly produces negatives I like. I used it last year shooting-- about 40 portraits with the Korona-- my "100" year old camera. I do not own a 5x7 enlarger, so they are all contact prints. Tought I might start branching out a bit. I bought a 240, and I also have a 12 inch Ektar. </p>

<p>Gene,<br>

I have three lenses that I really like to use with 5x7 format. I have an Eastman #2 studio camera and use a 14" Pinkham-Smith lens. For something a bit more portable, I have a 5x7 Deardorff field camera with a 12" Kodak Soft Focus Portrait lens and can switch to a Wollensak Triple Convertable lens for more sharper uses. Any of the three lens really pop when I switch to a 4x5 reducing back.<br>

David R. Lewis</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>Hi, Gene,<br /> Perhaps logically, I use mostly my mid-longer lenses and in 5x7" my favourites are a somewhat ecclectic mix: A 210mm/f6.3 Komura-Commercial (a tessar), an uncoated 10"/f6.8 Conley Series V and a 15"/f5.6 Tele-Raptar, (both in Alphax-Synchro shutters with modern speeds).<br /> Although I also have nice 300mm Nikkor-M and 450mm Fuji-C lenses, I tend to use those more for landscape/architecture and stopped down.<br /> Carsten</p>