I think I'll keep my 30D

hjoseph7

<p>My issue with the 7D really has nothing to do with the images it shoots vs other cameras, it is basically an issue of bang for the buck. I do not need video in a camera, so the improvemnt over my 50D is not significant enough to justify the expense. The 7D is most probably the best APS-C camera Canon has ever produced and may ever produce, but is it so much better than the 50D to be worth the $500+ premium? Personally, I didn't think so.</p>

<p>Hey Guys,just wondering where you all get off with the crap that Darwin don't have a clue what he's talking about.The mans been at photography a hell of a lot longer than many of you and has much more fame at photography than pretty well all of you.He gave his opinion of the camera ( 7D ) and how it works for him in his field of photography.At least he took real photos and not some crappy test sheet.This opinion he gave on his site,which none of you had to read if you didn't want to.To diss the man as a lunatic and trash him and his work is totally ludicris. You guys really need to do this to justify your purchase? Trashing the man because you don't agree with his opinion. You're pathetic.<br>

Ps.............my opinion and my opinion only.Trash me now.</p>

<p>Don't the folks at DarwinWiggett know that the only camera you can bash without recourse is the 50D?</p>

<p>The internet produces a lot of bogus reviews, the DPR review of the 50D being a case in point! It's no more credible in the end than DarwinWiggett, but it turned the 50D into a whipping boy of the internet!</p>

<p>I thank Gawd I didn't rely on that review to influence my purchase, and wind up with a 7D. I have all the camera I need in the 50D, and am $700 richer for the experience.</p>

<p>The moral of the story is take any review with a grain of salt. They're opinions and can all be biased.</p>

<p>The anger here about the 7D bashing makes me chuckle. Given that I own the stepchild of reviewed cameras and don't get angry (but instead laugh) about 50D bashing, I have to wonder if the sensitivity and anger is driven by something deeper -- could it be buyer's remorse?</p>