Calibrated my monitor with Spyder3 Elite but

<p>I have gotten all the way up to the point where the issues are the darkness but the colors are at least the same. However, I cannot upload the correct icc profiles as "administrator" to solve the problem as there are no paper profiles on Epson's website to match this printer. I do see the correct profiles (ultra premium glossy for artisan 810) in the "print space" profile box in PS 7, but when I either select Adobe RGB 2.2 or ICM off on my printer, I get the reddish or darkness respectively, but color-matched results. Seems the ICM off is best for color but I will need to compensate with curves to lighten each image a bit. Patrick, you are a whiz at this and I bow to your better knowledge but I may be helpless :(</p>

<p>OK, Matt & Patrick, first let me thank you for helping me out with an issue it seems everyone has but in different ways. I have followed this thread along as best as possible but my hardware is slightly different, obviously. When I installed the new Epson printer, all the ICC profiles for paper (I use ultra premium glossy) were installed as well and are available to use with my PS7 when I do the color management, no problems there. However, when I follow the advice to keep my PS7 working space at Adobe RGB (btw in the "color setting" screen in my PS7 I am set at US Prepress defaults) but change the print space (still talking about PS) to match the paper profile, and turn the printer color management off, the colors now match but are dareker than the screen version. Do I just need to keep playing with all the different paper profiles? I read if you trick the system and put in glossy instead of ultra glossy, they might come out lighter?! </p>

<p>4_if your monitor is corectly calibrated ( i use gamma 2.2, 6500k and 110 on my NEC 2690 ) what you see is what you get.</p>

<p>but in case of, heres a little trick to help you to remove a bit of density overall your print, that should also help you get closer on any media you use, epson, commercial printer or external lab...</p>

<p>before sending my image to print i many time just apply this little curve that help getting more subtle details..</p>

<p>a_make a adjustment curve</p>

<p>b_i put my curve to pigment instead of light when i work.. i prefer that</p>

<p>c_put a point in the middle of the curve</p>

<p>d_enter in the box below call input 50, and in the box call output 45..</p>

<p>e_press OK</p>

<p>f_its like removing let say 5% overall density and many time that will help you a lot with most of the paper you will use to get this little extra detail in the darkess part of your print.</p>

<div>00Wq4o-258733584.jpg.f9eea6ee625a6d3bda2a5b3f24e5b513.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks again Patrick! I tried the curves adjust and it was great as long as I kept the profile in PS matching the paper - when I put it to match the source, it went dark again. Looks like this will do the trick! Love this forum - such a big help, now I'm all set until I upgrade to CS4 or 5 and will be in a world of hurt again :) Enjoy your weekend!</p>