I'm not sure exactly what you want from your description, but the attached image was done just now in about two minutes using PS 5.0LE. PS6 should have no trouble replicating. Is this something like you're looking for? It's done with the lens flare filter(filter>render>lens flare). The different lens options change the colors and shapes. Size is varied just by making a rectangular selection in the area where you want the star before applying the filter. The larger the selection, the larger the star. I also like to add "multiply" and "hard light" layers to vary effects.<div>003tKd-9866484.JPG.1a2aac5d12b1eed8b8649ee9c4605f51.JPG</div>

Michael

Series 1 Photography Filters from Adomedra has a Star Filter which is a design tool for adding single or multiple bright glints, sparks, and glows to your image. This software is an addin which installs under Photoshop's filters. Their Web Site is http://www.andromeda.com/ I have used the filter with Photoshop 6.01 and with a little effort, much can be done. There are a number of additional filters with Series 1 which may have merit for your needs.

Cheers;<div>003tUy-9870484.thumb.jpg.5d7d70510798b5087588d4a634b60b0c.jpg</div>