Shots with the Nikkor 105mm f2.5 (Sonnar)

frederick_muller

<p>To Tom and Ty, it is my daughter, Jennifer, in both shots. The first one was her high school graduation photo, done in about 2002, before I had a digital camera. It was shot with a Nikkormat with Fuji color film from the drug store. The lighting is evening, after sundown, outdoors on the lawn. This is always nice light and is a bit cool, but very soft. The second shot is on our porch a few years later when I had the D70. Evening light again in the shade of the porch, but with some fill light coming from houses across the street bouncing some sunlight. If you look at my folders you will see shots of Jenny from birth until more recent. Thanks for the compliments as well. The 105 is still one of my favorite lenses for portraits. Here's another "portrait" done of a neighbor cat sitting on our back steps, done with the 105.</p><div>00Wlgl-255499584.jpg.ecbf8a279de14ba3fe40115eedb552af.jpg</div>

<p>Steve - Thanks for the info. I would make a horrible detective. It never even occurred to me to look in your gallery to see if there was more info on those images.</p>

<p>The 1st shot is so wonderfully timeless looking, it could easily have been decades ago. They're both great shots. </p>

<p>Cheers,</p>

<p>Tom M.</p>

<p>My 105/2.5 AI is the Gauss design, but my pawn shop puppy 135/3.5 Lentar preset T-mount appears to be closer to the Sonnar optical design, at least as far as I can tell from looking at the innards. And, yup, it does have delightful bokeh. While not as sharp, contrasty or saturated as the Nikkor, it may be slightly "better" as a portrait lens. Best $10-$15 I've ever spent on camera gear.</p>