lzo_lzo

<p>hello,</p>

<p>I'm wondering how to achieve the same result as the photos below.<br>

During the shoot, I guess that the light must me really good. Ok.<br>

But how about the post prod ? What to to to be close to this ?<br>

If anyone can help...<br>

Have a nice day.<br>

L</p>

<p><b>Photo removed. Per the photo.net Terms of Use, do not post photos you did not take. You can link to them in their original licensed location</b></p>

<p>To avoid possible copyright issues, the TOS of photo.net do not allow people to post any picture that they did not take, even if for the purpose of legitimate discussion. I'm sure a moderator will soon spot the photo you posted and remove it.</p>

<p>OTOH, you are free, even encouraged, to post a link to interesting images which will likely form the basis of serious discussion and learning. I suggest you post a link to the above image.</p>

<p>Sincerely,</p>

<p>Tom M</p>

<p>PS - To answer your question, the photographer most likely used a fairly large area but directional main light (on camera right, high) and a similar but less intense fill from the other side. One key to such dramatic lighting is controlling light spill (ie, no umbrellas (unless very close to the subject), no white walls or ceiling, etc.). The post processing doesn't look very difficult at all - desaturation, curves (to maintain / enhance the drama), vignetting, skin smoothing, and maybe a touch of sepia overall coloration.</p>

<p>Orw, sorry... I'm not really used to the rules of the forum.<br>

Thanks for your answer. Could I fairly abuse by asking how he got this "soft touch" you can feel when you look at the image ? Especially on the skin ? Thnaks. L</p>

<p>No problem. For the longest time, I couldn't understand why the owner and moderators make such a big about this difference, but it's because photo.net is a low budget operation with no lawyers on retainer, and henc, we have to be squeaky clean about copyright issues to prevent even one incident from arising, even if the complaint was eventually found to be baseless.</p>

<p>With respect to skin smoothing, there are many points of view on how much smoothing is "too much". Many folks would argue that the skin in the image you posted looks almost like plastic. That said, skin smoothing has been discussed many, many times on this forum (Google it). One of the standard, easiest ways to smooth skin to this (extreme) level is described in posts like these: <br /> http://www.photo.net/portraits-and-fashion-photography-forum/00LTaQ<br /> http://www.photo.net/portraits-and-fashion-photography-forum/00RPYF<br /> (just the 1st two I happened to hit).</p>

<p>HTH,</p>

<p>Tom M.</p>

<p>PS - Now that the photo has been removed by a moderator, you should post a link to it so that other people following this thread know what we are talking about.</p>