Problems with Gaoersi and their equipment

andy_buck1

<p>I recently (March 2010) bought a focusing mount from Gaoersi. They were quick to send it and provide an accessory, but now that there's a problem they don't answer any emails.</p>

<p>The problem is that the focuser arrived working very stiffly and now won't turn at all. Does anybody have this kind of expeience with their focusing mounts and know how to fix it?</p>

<p>And, has anybody had this kind of problem with Gaoersi and know how to get an answer out of them?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Andy</p>

• 2 years later...

<p>I purchased two Gaoersi products, both of which seemed a good and of good valuse. However, they were too hastily designed and were made without quality control<br>

<br />One was the 75mm Gaoersi viewfinder, which came with a crack in the front plastic and two very ugly 120 format bars in the field that were not advertised and are a nuisance. My wife has grabbed this for her Zero 5x4" camera, so has not been sent back. The other Gaoersi item was a recessed "Linhof" panel complete with fake badge that will not fit in a Linhof throat<br>

<br />I will not be purchasing any more Gaoersi products and must admit that I am reluctant to send money to the country that is occupying Tibet and East Turkmenistan (Xinjiang)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I won't be either. I bought a viewer about the same time as I bought the focuser. I did not notice it right away because I didn't use it for a while, but it too has a crack in the front plastic. Luckily, it does not affect its functionality. Mine was designed for 612 on 120 film. Seems like they have little or no quality control. Too bad. They make some interesting products, interesting looking, at least. </p>

<p>Design and manufacturing quality is a pity, as these products fill an obvious niche<br>

Now I have to find Australian craftsmen who can share a shed and small scale manufacturing equipment to produce small runs of similar equipment that will fill this niche and keep older skilled Australians making things and making money and keeping old cameras working<br>

<br />John<br>

Quinninup</p>