Proper flash sync cable for a Minolta SRT-101

juan_c.

<p>Hi<br>

I have a Minolta 320X flash that I wanna use on my SRT101. I used it on my X570 well enough, but now since it is dead, I wanna use it here. The catch is, of course, the 101 doesn't have a hot shoe. All it has is the sync cable plug. The flash itself has either a front 3 prong plug that I suppose would go to the camera. It also has smaller plug/hole on the right side (if looking from the front of the flash)--guessing this is for a normal sync cable? Does anyone know what kind of cable it takes? I figure the front plug of the flash is a proprietary cable, but I didn't see it on the 'bay. Plus it probably costs a lot more... Any help would be welcome. I've never had to deal with sync cables, so this is really new to me:o( <br>

Thanks!! </p>

<p>The three prong plug on the front of the flash is for attaching a power source, not for a sync cable. The one on the right size is for a flash sync cable - Minolta Cable OC. One end of the cable screws into the side of the flash, and the other end slides into a hot shoe - so it wouldn't work on your SRT 101.</p>

<p>You can find hot shoe adapters that plug into the the PC socket on your SRT101 which will allow you to use a hot shoe mounted flash. I did a quick search and <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/95414-REG/General_Brand_SF941_PC_to_Hot_Shoe.html">found this</a> for $10 at B&H. This would be the easiest and cheapest (and probably only) way to go.</p>

<p>Ken</p>