Im Blown Away By the Image Quality of the Mamiya RB67 !

jon_kobeck1

i don't know if any of you have this option , but i never send the b&w in but i do the color it takes a two days

for them to scan my images from the negative and develop the film , i can pick my resolution and wala , what

beautiful results , it is like there is atmosphere in between my image and senor on a d5 and nothing but pure

clean light in between my subject and film with a rb67 not even the best of my 35 mm cameras comes close once

scanned , and you can get them scanned less than prints and inter the images into the digital world with ease , a

starting point to see what is on the neg.s from here print all you want or pick the ones you want scanned yourself<div>00aHfQ-458893584.thumb.jpg.a281989a3f3a049e89339492611d35c0.jpg</div>

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subject: Digital back on my Mamiya RB67: I am a pro photographer from India. The results i got from using digital

backs on my Mamiya RB67 was just mind-blowing. The lenses are razor sharp as the company claims. The contrast

is too good. Compared to the results from my friend's Hasselbled, the image quality on my Mamiya lenses are more

contrasty, good saturation with awesome sharpness. I worked with a H20 Phaseone digital back and the results from

the jewellery items i shot were very impressive even with the image cropped to almost 85%. I had the opportunity to

work with a Hasselblad back cfv-50. It worked smoothly without a wake-up cable and the results were mind-blowing.

A studio here allowed me to rent their Leaf Aptus II 5 digital back and again the results were fantastic with back

working smoothly. Needless to say the back produced very sharp pictures with mamiya rb lenses. I would

recommend that highly for someone with a tight budget. You only have to get the v-mount adapter for mamiya rb67.

Only phaseone backs with the exception of p40+ and p65+ will require a wake-up cable. Remember to get your rb

lenses services by a good repairer once in 2 years if the use is regular and heavy. If someone wants to see phaseone

h20 results and leaf results, they can tell me so. The pics are available with me.

Thanks