Lens Cap, where to put it?

jucamana

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p> I Just picked up a camera with out a cap Ser 7 filter and I picked up a Package of assorted sizes of flexible plastic Bowl covers with elastic around the edge, they fit well, stay on you can find the if you drop them in the grass (mine are red & white )and they are dirt cheap if you lose them.<br>

It might look like a clown Camera but they work well.</p>

<p> I Just picked up a camera with out a cap Ser 7 filter and I picked up a Package of assorted sizes of flexible plastic Bowl covers with elastic around the edge, they fit well, stay on you can find the if you drop them in the grass (mine are red & white )and they are dirt cheap if you lose them.<br>

It might look like a clown Camera but they work well.</p>

<p>Its a good idea-which I implement- to use a uv filter so one doesn't become paranoid about scratches on the front elemant. In fact I see a uv filter as a "TRANSPARNT LENS CAP". While shooting, then, I put the actual lens cap away in my Tamrac case pocket only to put it back at the end of session/day. Meanwhile I can keep uv filter clean with my soft handkerchief whithout worrying about wiping off or scratching the coating on the front element. UVs can be replaced also if and when required!</p>

<p>Take them off and keep them in a drawer, best thing. That said, the new Lumix pancake has no lens hood with it so I think I got to start thinking about caps just for protection if nothing else. Hate them durn things. No, I don't know where to keep them. I guess one could buy one of them little tethers but where do you hang it. How come my lens surfaces stay clean. Must be how I carry them. And I learned not to put my fingers on the front element. Some pop off easily, shallow threads. Nasty little things, lens covers have a life of their own. (Not unlike reading glasses you know; now I thought I had that other pair right here, blankety blank glasses...:-))</p>

<p>JUAN CARLOS: I use the traditional method favored by photographers all over the world. The clothing I wear on photo shoots all have a built in "magic pocket" which guarantees that no compulsive lens cap thief will ever find them. The downside of the "magic pocket" method is that it also guarantees I will never see them again. Hope this helps. Bill</p>