Can't Install Lightroom Trial

<p>Just some basic hints...</p>

<p>1)Make sure that the account you are logged into is an 'Admin level' account. That means the account is an administrator level login and not a regular user level login. This ensures that the account will have full read/write permissions when it runs the MSI installer file.</p>

<p>2) what kind of system are you running? what kind of operating system?</p>

<p>3) try going out to the Adobe website, going under their 'support' link, and find the support notes and FAQs for this product. Somebody else may have already run into this problem, and the solution may be documented somewhere under the support pages.</p>

<p>4) try temporarily shutting off any and all antivirus, antispyware, and any other "anti" programs that might be interfering with the MSI installer when you run it. But be sure to turn them back ON after you get it installed.</p>

<p>5) If your system will let you, try creating a subfolder called 'LightRoom3' under your C:\PROGRAMS\Adobe main folder. Copy that MSI file to the LightRoom3 folder. Then just right-click on the MSI file and select OPEN. That should kick off the install widget and start it running. Perhaps it will run better from this location rather than fron your long pathname location.</p>

<p>Let us know if any of these suggestions improves the situation..</p>

<p>AP</p>

<p>Thanks Alan. Tried all of your hints but none helped. I have been on Adobe's trial download forum and left a question a few hours ago but no reply yet. The forum is watched by Adobe employees and maybe they will have a solution. </p>

<p>Alan - Peter,<br>

Alan's comment about "long file name" got me thinking. I've had problems in the past using files with long names and paths. So, I copied the entire temp file ({EODF793 etc with all of its' related file) from the temp folder to the desktop and ran the .msi from there. Ran like a charm. Don't know why but, seems to me, the answer to that should come from Adobe. I'll post on their trial forum site to let them know how I solved the problem.</p>